Prince William Sound Community College Council
The purpose of the College Council is to advise the College President and the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska in the manner in which the University of Alaska might best serve the constituency of Prince William Sound Community College.
Authority of the Council
Prince William Sound Community College is duly constituted pursuant to Board of Regents’ Policy 02.04.01 which authorizes the establishment of community college councils in order to maximize local community and regional participation in planning and budgeting processes and to provide for local program review. Consistent with this policy, the Prince William Sound Community College Council is authorized to:
- Approve the selection of and concur in the retention of the College President;
- Review and recommend approval or disapproval of new programs before their submission to the Board of regents;
- Review and recommend approval or disapproval of the annual plan for the College before its submission to the Board of Regents;
- Review and recommend approval or disapproval of the annual proposed operating and capital budget requests before their submission to the Board of Regents;
- Establish policies to meet unique local needs consistent with Board of Regents’ Policy and University Regulations;
- Review and recommend changes to statewide policies and regulations;
- Assign a representative to meet at least once a year with the Board of Regents and UA President.
The College Council meets at least twice a semester.
Pam Shirrell – Chair (Valdez)
Dorothy Moore – Vice Chair (Valdez)
Michelle Anderson (Copper Basin)
Marnie Graham (Copper Basin)
Jean Cobb (Valdez)
Dr. John Cullen (Valdez)
Patience Andersen-Faulkner (Cordova)
Contact the Council
To contact the College Council, email council AT pwscc DOT edu.