International students SAVE money at
Prince William Sound Community College.
All students pay resident tuition.
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2015 Semester
- Spring Semester begins January 12th, 2015th, 2014
Below are resources to assist you during your studies at Prince William Sound Community College. There are many resources available for international students. Please ensure that you read the entire process to apply and submit the required documents together. If you have questions, check out our (coming soon) FAQ’s for Application & Admissions first before emailing International AT pwscc DOT edu.
Below are the 4 Steps, Application Checklist, and Application Deadlines
Submit completed International Student Application 2014-2015 (1.4 MiB) $25USD non-refundable application fee, and other required documents (See “Application Checklist”) to:
Office of the Registrar
Prince William Sound Community College
PO Box 97
Valdez, AK 99686 USA
You will be contacted within approximately 2 weeks confirming whether your application has been accepted. If the application is incomplete, you will be requested to submit the missing/incomplete documents.
After you have been accepted, you must submit the required tuition and fees payment as outlined in the acceptance letter.
Fall 2014, $4,000 USD is the cost for one semester at 12 units at Prince William Sound Community College
- $152 Resident Tuition (per unit)
- $5 Student Fee (per unit max at $50 per semester)
- $5 Technology Fee (per unit max at $75 per semester)
- $2 Network Fee (per unit)
- $3000 Housing Fee (per semester; Fees may vary)
- $1200 Health Insurance (per year estimated cost)
A letter of acceptance and all necessary immigration documents (Form I-20) will then be issued to you.
- International Student Application 2014-2015 (1.4 MiB) (with completed Applicant Signature)
- $25 USD non-refundable application fee by check, money order or credit card
- Credit Card Payment Form (pdf)
- Make check/money order payable to Prince William Sound Community College
- Official Transcripts
- Copy of Diploma (from High School or secondary school)
- TOEFL Score (minimum score of 61 ibt) or iTEP (minimum Level 4). These tests are not required for ESL students or for students where English is your first language. (All students must take the ESL/English or Math assessment, unless they have already had English 1A or English 5 or math classes at another community college or higher education institution within the Unites States that is accredited)
- Personal Essay (1 page describing educational goals, aspirations, etc…)
- Financial Documents: Financial Support Declaration and Bank Statement (minimum $15,000) (Note: Bank letters are not accepted)
- Health Documents: Student Statement of Health and Medical Examination (with Physician’s signature)
- International Student Agreement Form
- Passport Biography and/or Visa pages
Applicants Applying from Overseas:
Summer Semester (June – July): APR 1
Fall Semester (Aug – Dec): JUNE 1
Spring Semester (Jan – May): OCT 1
Applicants Applying from the U.S.:
Summer Semester (June – July): MAY 1
Fall Semester (Aug – Dec): JULY 1
Spring Semester (Jan – May): DEC 1
You are encouraged to apply early to ensure class enrollment. Late applications will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.