Office of Instruction
Welcome to Prince William Sound Community College (PWSCC) Office of Instruction
It is the goal of this office to uphold our institution’s mission to apply innovative and sustainable practices in providing accessibility, student success, effective teaching and learning, and community engagement.
The Dean of Instruction strives to accomplish this through careful adherence to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Direct the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of program staff and faculty necessary for quality assurance of instructional programs to include in-service and staff development for new instructors and instructional support staff.
- Provide support to the activity director for Activity III of the Title III grant. Strengthening Alaska Native-serving institutions in the area of technology advancement and delivery and assessment of academic programs.
- Serve as the chairperson for the Instructional Committee and Academic Review Committee (ARC) which meet on a bi-weekly basis to provide a vehicle for collaborative communication between instructional staff and administration. The ARC meetings provide quality assurance to course offerings, approval of instructional staff and recommendations related to academic policy and procedures.
- Direct periodic review and evaluation of all processes, including full-time and adjunct faculty by appropriate implementation and assessment procedures.
- Serve as the chairperson for the Educational Assessment process to include the supervision of written reports and documentation for the yearly annual report for the college.
- Provide leadership and coordination for the overall instructional functions in the service area of the college including the Cordova and Copper Basin extension centers including community education programs.
- Directly supervise the wellness coordinator and the wellness center functions and programs. To work directly with the community and business organizations in recruitment efforts and funding.
- Serve as a liaison for the coordination and communication of appropriate instructional functions with the University of Alaska Anchorage Council of Deans and Directors. Coordinate appropriate community organizations and corporate entities.
Our office would love to hear from you. Current and prospective students are invited to visit with the Dean of Instruction for information on programs and degrees, requirements for graduation, concerns about their career plans, or just to explore the opportunities available here are PWSCC. Please feel free to stop by the office at your convenience.
Interim Dean of Instruction
Page Updated: May 17, 2012 by Ryan Adkins