- PWSCC was founded in 1978.
- The PWSCC main campus is located in Valdez, Alaska.
- Valdez, Alaska, is located in the northeast region of Prince William Sound.
- PWSCC charges no out-of-state-tuition, and also has the lowest tuition cost in the state at $157 per credit.
- Full-time Student-to-Part-time Student Ratio: 1:4
- Students-to-Faculty Ratio: 12:1
- Average Class Size: under 12
- Number of Residence Halls: 3
- PWSCC is the only community college in Alaska with residence halls (newly remodeled).
- PWSCC Scholarship program is one of the most liberal in Alaska; make sure to apply and good things may come to you!
Academic Areas of Study:
- Associate of Arts
- Industrial Technology, with concentrations in Millwright, Oil Spill Response, and Safety Management.
- Disability Services, with concentrations in Speech-Language, Community, and Education Support.
- Outdoor Leadership, with concentrations in Adventure Tourism, Adventure Filmmaking, and Expedition Specialist.
- Computer Information and Office Systems.
- Nursing, offered in partnership with University of Alaska Anchorage.
PWSCC Quick Distances
- 5.5 hours from Anchorage, AK
- 6.5 hours from Fairbanks, AK
- 2 hours from Glennallen, AK
- 3-6 hours from Cordova, AK (consult Ferry schedule)
- 40 minutes from Anchorage, AK
- 1 hour from Fairbanks, AK
- 1.75 hours from Juneau, AK
- 3.5 hours from Seattle, WA
- 3.5 hours from Portland, OR
- 5.5 hours from Minneapolis, MN
- 6 hours from Honolulu, HI
- 6 hours from Chicago, IL