Spring semester is right around the corner. Have you thought about how you’re going to pay for it? Prince William Sound Community College offers a variety of scholarship opportunities to new and current PWSCC students, including merit based and program-affiliated awards. Learn about specific requirements and print applications from the PWSCC Scholarship page. All applications must be received by the Financial Aid office on the Valdez campus by 5:00PM on November 30th, 2012. Want even MORE money? The External Scholarships page has NUMEROUS scholarship opportunities from an assortment of businesses and professional groups – deadlines are listed on individual award offers.
Interested in applying but don’t know where to start, or not sure how to write a stellar essay? Stop by or email Kate in the Financial Aid Office in Valdez to gather helpful resources or to schedule an appointment to get help in writing your essay. We’re here to help – Don’t Delay!! Remember, all PWSCC scholarship applications must include:
- Completed Scholarship Application for each scholarship
- A minimum of two (2) current letters of recommendation from a past or current instructor, employer, or other appropriate source. These individuals should be able to comment on your academic performance, community involvement, general character, achievements, and aptitude to succeed at PWSCC as a student. Letters may be submitted by the applicant or sent directly to the Financial Aid Coordinator
- A Self composed essay. Topics vary by scholarship. Unless otherwise specified, scholarship essays should be a minimum of one full page and no more than three. They should clearly address all aspects of the essay topic.
- Transcripts (High School and/or college, or certificate of GED completion)
- Proof that applicant has completed the FASFA. Acceptable proof includes:
- FASFA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Screen print of UA Online Awards
- Expected EFC/Estimated Awards from FASFA
Note: Additional application materials may be required for some scholarships.